Thursday, June 25, 2009

Operation Chubby Bubby Phase 2

With less than eight weeks to go until the Humpy's Half Marathon, I put together a potential training schedule.


Ouch. I am sweating just thinking about it.

The schedule might be aggressive (I would love your comments on this), but I have three goals for this segment of my training:

1. Improve my speed. I would like to finish under 2:30. Don't laugh. To all my non-runner friends, trust me, this is slow. Speed walkers will (and have) beat me.

2. Lose 10 more pounds. To my runner friends and coaches, yes, I know, training is not time to lose weight, but this is a journey from chubby-bubby to athlete, remember?

3. To not run into another dead baby T-Rex.
At least, that's what I thought it was in the dark. In Hawaii. Delirious from a 10 mile run in the heat and humidity. In the dark. Did I mention it was dark?

2 comments:

  1. hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! One of the things I HATE about running is my frequent encounter with roadkill.... As I get closer I close my eyes as much as I can without being completely blind and turn my head until I'm past it. I almost burst into tears the other day.... lol

    wow! alaska! what's your next marathon? guess you won't get to the east coast too much for marathons, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is very funny! Your laundry post was required reading for our kids today. I am not sure when our next marathon will be. We have tossed around Hawaii in January, but it depends on the cost. I am meeting my sister and cousins in Sacramento 12/10, so it may just be a summer marathon here next year. There are only a few 5k races here in the winter...

    ReplyDelete