Friday, May 11, 2012

Oh. Dear. Me. Oh. My. I just signed up for another marathon. I understand you may not be as excited/concerned/afraid as I am, but then again, I am the one with stitches still in my ankle.


What happened you ask? Well, last November, I was training for a 50K.

 

And then, I decided to catch up to my training partners. On a downhill. With my spikes in my backpack. Instead of on my feet. 
Silly girl, spikes are for feet, not backpacks.


Oops. That hurt. Your arch should NEVER touch your calf. That is bad. Very bad. Quite painful, in fact. But then the nice doctor put this lovely plate in and made my bones right again.


The only teeny tiny itsy bitsy problem was that it turns out my body was not so keen on that plate. 
Nor the screws.
So last week, I had them back out.

And today, I signed up to run a marathon.
The End.

Or maybe, The Beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment